The Compliance Advisory Committee (CAC) is a standing internal committee that has the responsibility to provide guidance, coordination, insight, and subject matter expertise, as needed, to implement and maintain the enterprise-wide Compliance Program at Indiana University. This responsibility includes the review and approval of Compliance Program Plan, Annual Work Plan and related policies, as needed, to address potential and existing compliance concerns.
Standing members of the commitee are the individuals assigned the following roles:
- Chief Compliance Officer (OVPGC) (Chair)
- Associate General Counsel (OVPGC)
- Associate Vice President & Chief Audit Officer (OVPGC)
- Associate Vice President for Human Resources (OSVPCFO)
- Chief Policy Officer (OEVPUAA)
- Chief Privacy Officer (OEVPUAA /OVPIT)
- Chief Student Welfare and Title IX Officer (OVPGC)
- Chief Risk Officer (OEVPUAA/ERMC)
- Chief Security Officer (OEVPUAA /OVPIT)
- University Director of Environmental Health and Safety (OEVPUAA)
- University Director, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity (OVPGC)
- University Treasurer (OSVPCFO)
The CAC’s activities serve as an enhancement to any established compliance related processes, policies, and procedures. While members of the CAC may be individually responsible for major compliance related areas at the University, the role of the CAC is designed to bring their combined extensive experience and expertise to assist the Compliance Office in addressing enterprise-wide challenges, issues, and barriers related to compliance.