Indiana University is an institution of public trust. Therefore, IU community members have an obligation to be objective and impartial in making decisions on behalf of the University.
Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest or conflicts of commitment is necessary to identify, manage, and/or eliminate these conflicts. The University Compliance and Policy Office has teamed up with the Office of Research Compliance to create a comprehensive online disclosure form to collect relevant information related to conflicts of interest, conflicts of commitment, and related topics in accordance with state and federal regulations and applicable University policies. While everyone has an obligation to disclose any potential conflicts, certain individuals are required to complete the annual online disclosure form for the roles listed below:
- Researcher Anyone who is responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of research, as well as anyone listed as key personnel on sponsored projects or human subjects research
- University Employee
- Anyone with a University, Campus, or School Leadership role (VPs, Provosts, Chancellors, Vice Chancellors, Deans, etc.)
- Full-time faculty
- School of Medicine part-time faculty
- Staff employees in the following job classification career levels and/or functions within any job family:
Levels Functions Advanced Development & Advancement Expert Finance Operational Sr. Operational Strategic Executive
- Anyone with signature authority on behalf of the University
- All fiscal officers
- University personnel authorized to conduct purchasing activities and influence or affect the process or outcome of any expenditures.
- Anyone that their department or school otherwise directs to complete a form
- IU Health Anyone that is an IU faculty or staff member that also holds an appointment at IU Health or IU Health Physicians
Please note: In addition to completing the Kuali COIC disclosure form, you may also be required to sign and submit the University's State Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement form if you have any interest in a contract or purchase with Indiana University that will result, or is intended to increase, your or your dependent’s income or net worth. You can find more information about the State COI process on the State COI page of our website.