Indiana University is an institution of public trust. IU community members have an obligation to be objective and impartial in making decisions on behalf of the university.
Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest or conflicts of commitment are necessary to identify, manage, and/or eliminate these conflicts. The University Compliance Office has teamed up with the Office of Research Compliance to create a comprehensive online disclosure form to collect relevant information related to conflicts of interest, conflicts of commitment, and related topics in accordance with state and federal regulations, and applicable University policies. While everyone has the obligation to disclose any potential conflicts, certain individuals are required to complete the annual online disclosure form for the roles listed below:
- Researcher Anyone who is responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of research as well as anyone listed as key personnel on sponsored projects or human subjects research
- University Employee
- Anyone with an University, Campus or School Leadership role (VPs, Provosts, Chancellors, Vice Chancellors, Deans, etc.)
- Full-time faculty
- School of Medicine part-time faculty
- Staff employees* with the following HR position levels or higher: 4AD, RS4, AX4, DV4, FC4, HP3, IT4, PR4, SS4, SA4, Health Care Provider and Clinical Diagnostician.
- Anyone with signature authority on behalf of the University
- All fiscal officers
- University personnel authorized to conduct purchasing activities and influence or affect the process or outcome of any expenditures
- Anyone that is otherwise directed by their department or school to complete a form
*Staff employee classifications will soon be updated with the new Job Framework classifications.
- IU Health Anyone that is an IU faculty or staff member that also holds an appointment at IU Health or IU Health Physicians